Enhancement of Hair Restoration via PRP
In this article, we’d talk about Hair Restoration via PRP and its effectiveness. We would also be sharing a testimonial of a patient who went through various hair fall therapies and a hair transplant under Dr. Gaurav’s guidance and expertise.
The Process of PRP Therapy
PRP therapy is a cutting-edge treatment that uses your platelets to stimulate the growth of new hair. During the session, a small amount of blood is drawn that is then spun into a centrifuge to separate your platelets from the rest of your blood. Eventually, this platelet-rich concentrate is used to create the plasma that is injected into the target areas.
The Advantages of PRP Therapy
- It can be used in conjunction with other hair fall therapies.
- It’s a walk-in and walk-out procedure with no downtime. You do not have to set a day aside for the treatment, you can simply walk in and walk out!
- Works with the body’s natural healing.
- Uses your own blood, which means there is a reduced risk of the body rejecting or negatively reacting to the treatment.
- Natural-Looking results. As the entire process of PRP involves stimulating the natural hair growth patterns in our body, the results achieved are always natural.
Is PRP Therapy Effective at Regrowing Hair?
PRP therapy works and reverses the process of thinning hair, all while promoting new hair growth. The high concentration of platelets in the PRP plasma work in several ways to achieve this success.
The main way in which it helps restore your hair is by prolonging the growth phase of your hair cycle. This means that your existing hair takes more time to fall. PRP Therapy also works on stimulating the growth of new hair follicles and this is especially helpful for thinning hair.
Is PRP Therapy The Right Treatment for Me?
We’ve discussed this in our Ideal Criterion for PRP Therapy article. Overall, you should always let the Hair Transplant Surgeon decide what is the correct treatment plan for you, or if it involves the use of certain hair fall therapies or not. In case you go in with a premeditated mind-set of immediately going for a specific therapy directly then it might do you more harm than good in the larger scope of things.
One such example of a patient letting the surgeon map out the best route for him, be it the hairline design or the use of hair fall therapies is Mr. Amit, who has explained his entire hair transplant journey in great detail in the following video:
In case you plan to go for a Hair Transplant or need guidance from Dr. Gaurav on the ideal treatment plan for you then you may call us on +91-9990449555 and book a consultation with Dr. Gaurav.