The A-Z of Hair Loss Treatments for Men
If you’ve always been on the lookout for a single article that talks about almost every Hair Loss Treatment & Preventive Measure, then you’ve landed on the right article! In this article, Dr. Gaurav will summarize all common and effective Hair Loss Treatments and he’d also list out preventive measures to avoid Hair Fall.
Medical Treatment Options
- Prescription & OTC Medication: There are 2 FDA-approved medications to treat male pattern baldness and those are Minoxidil (Rogaine) & Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar). Minoxidil is available over the counter and is available in liquid or foam form which needs to be applied twice a day to encourage hair growth and prevent hair loss while Finasteride is a pill that needs to be consumed daily and is only available with a prescription.
- PRP & Other Hair Fall Therapies: In 2021, there are many modern Hair Fall Therapies available like PRP & GFC. The result from these are super effective and our own result gallery is a testament to that. An in-depth video guide is available on your YouTube channel where Dr. Gaurav talks about them in great detail. You may watch that video here.
- Hair Transplant: A technique of taking hair grafts from your scalp’s donor area and transplanting them to the balding areas, Hair Transplant is the safest and most proven technique to restore the natural with results that last a lifetime! Be sure to follow our guide when you’re out there to finalize the right clinic and surgeon for your Hair Transplant.
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Hair Fall
- Quitting Smoking: Studies have shown that the majority of men who smoke have suffered some amount of hair loss, compare this to the non-smoker group where less than half of participants suffered hair fall and you will get the picture. In case you smoke already and are looking where to begin with your Hair Loss countering journey then quitting smoking should be the first step!
- Balanced Diet: We’ve talked about the importance of good nutrition on our blog several times. To summarize, your diet should be rich in a variety of vegetables, fruits & whole grains while the intake of sweets should be limited. The type types of foods for good hair growth are: iron-rich foods, foods rich in omega-3, and high protein foods.
- Getting Professional Help At The Right Time: Many ppl make the mistake of not consulting a professional early, this leads to the hair loss becoming more and more prominent, and then eventually it’s only Hair Transplant that can work in such cases. Even worse, if you’ve gone completely bald then Hair Transplant also cannot work. So it’s important to get professional help at the early stage where Hair Fall therapies are super effective and bring the best results!
Simple Hair Care Tips
- Be Gentle: Whenever you are styling or brushing your hair, be gentle with it. Constantly twisting or pulling them can lead to hair loss.
- Oils: Studies have shown that the use of oil regularly can help with hair growth. Coconut, Castor, Olive oil are all the ones that are usually widely recommended, however, the research on their benefits for hair growth is limited. Rosemary oil is one that has been used to increase blood flow and circulation to the scalp, studies back this up as well.
That was it for this article. In case you’ve been battling Hair Loss and need some guidance then be sure to consult Dr. Gaurav by calling us on +91-9990449555.